Friday, May 28, 2010

Quiet is Never Good



First, it annoys me how you can never get EVERY drop of something out of a bottle. This morning I did a load of laundry and realized the bottle was just about empty so I poured out the remaining into the cap to see if there was enough for another load. Not quite, but there was still some in there that wouldn't come out because of the spout thingy. I thought, " I wonder if I can pop that spout out and get it all to make one more load"(saving money! LOL) The kids were watching cartoons just on the other side of the bar. So I go about prying that spout out. Finally got it out, got EVERY lost drop of detergent and it did fill the cap enough for a final load. Very pleased with myself, I went into the living room to see how my angels were. This is what Sweet Pea had been doing...quietly...to my lucky bamboo plant. Now you can't get the full effect, but there were HUNDREDS of teeny, tiny rocks everywhere. All over the table, all over the chair and all over the floor, which is about the same color as the rocks. No big deal, but just a reminder that quiet is NEVER good with kids.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, familiar with that scenario :) Except in my house half of those would have been gone already cause Landon would've eaten them all and fast, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the dreaded quiet!! It always comes back to bite me in the rear too :) I also hate wasting laundry detergent. I actually rinse the bottle out. May be ghetto-ish, but I don't care :) I basically just put fill it with the wash water as it's filling the washer, shake it around a bit, and dump it. Wouldn't work with front-loaders unfortunately, but for my cheap ones it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do that too! Our new washer is top load, but doesn't do that gush of water, it seeps out of the sides, but it has a lid lock & only works if it's closed :(

    ReplyDelete