Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fighting for a Soul

I think my sweet Bubba is under attack.

From Satan.

For the past several weeks, he's been asking alot about God and forgiveness and generally what salvation is all about. We were sort of taken off guard about it since he's only 6 (barely) but hey, no time like the present, right? So, we've tried to answer his questions and guide him the best we can. I've been praying alot that we'll answer his questions truthfully and lead him to Christ when he is truly ready and not just when he knows the right answers. We always let him start these conversations. For example, the other night he comes out of the shower, naked with only a towel, and tells us how he got down on his knees in a bowing position (never shown that by us) and asked God for forgiveness. WOW. Was that it? I have no idea. We have a friend down the road who is a preacher and he is willing to come talk to us and Bubba about the whole thing. I just want to know for sure what's going on in his heart.

Now here's the problem...the last couple of weeks, right after this started, Bubba has been acting like he's lost his mind. He's been taking things that aren't his (from his teacher and friends at school) and then lying about it. Knowing he's going to get caught. Lying anyway! And then he pinched a child on the bus. Hard, apparently. For no reason. And he threw an icepack in the lunchroom. And he's been sneaking things like snacks and money to school. Just all of a sudden, crazy behavior with no answers.

Well, it finally hit me last night that Satan is realizing he's very close to losing another soul to God. And he's pulled off the gloves.

So we are going to ease up a bit on the punishment (otherwise, Bubba will not be able to sit on his bottom for the next two years). We will continue to talk to him about this sort of behavior, as we've done the past few days. Lying, stealing, hurting others, it's all sin. It's bad choices that we make because of our sinful human nature. I prayed over him last night after he prayed himself, asking for forgiveness. Does he really get it? I don't know. I only know how God feels about the innocence of a child's heart and I know He's been working on Bubba for the past little while. Six seems awfully young for this, but today's world is a different place.

If you think of us throughout the day, pray for us all...this is an awesome responsibility that is truly hard for me to wrap my mind around. I am so angry at Satan for messing with my boy but I KNOW my God is bigger and we will WIN!!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    There are so many beautiful things in this blog that made me tear up and thank God for your understanding and abilty to see truth. I will be praying for Bubba and you. Thank you for taking the time and committment to be such a God-filled parent.

    Melissa Pearce

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will win my friend!! It always makes me so mad when I see Satan trying to get near my kids. Hang in there and PRAY (as I know you are!!)

    ReplyDelete