Sunday, May 2, 2010

Catching Up - birthdays, booboos and bunches of other stuff!

I've had a busy few weeks. I'm tired! Here's the scoop:

Spring break week was fun, we went to see the In-Laws and also my parents rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge so we could do some stuff together. We had a good time, Dollywood, Gatlinburg, and family time. Bubba went ice skating for the first time and I went with him. I only sort of fell one time and messed up my thumb. Nice! I have something sort of like tendonitis and I'm in a brace for another week. That's part of my excuse for not updating this blog! I have it off right now and it hurts!

The first week home was busy too...lots of laundry, grocery shopping, all that fun stuff. The thing that humbled me was this - I had lunch with a friend from high school who now has Huntington's Disease. It's sort of like MS or Parkinsons...she has tremors and trouble controlling her movements. It will rob her of her life within 20 years...and she is 36. She has two daughters who she is losing custody of in 26 days to the ex-husband who left her when she got sick. She lives with her parents and her dad takes care of them all, including her mother who is also dealing with this disease. My heart breaks for her. That is so unfair. I will see her again this week I think. I hope to help her through her girls going to live with their father. That will be tough on her and I pray I have the strength she needs.

And then...Bubba turned 6!!! When did that happen??? We had his party at Pump It Up...it was really fun! That would have been awesome when I was kid. He got lots of stuff and had a blast. Now the countdown to 7 can begin :) And then just yesterday, he lost his 2nd tooth. Growing up in a blink.

My thumb is throbbing so I'm going to close it now.

If your remember my friend Lori, please pray for her, she had an embryo transfer this week.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe Bubba is 6 already!! That was SUPER fast!! Happy Birthday Bubba and I hope your thumb gets better :)
    Sorry about the above delete ....I used names and wanted to correct that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Amazing isn't it? How fast it goes.

    ReplyDelete