Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We tried to go to the YMCA yesterday...there was a conspiracy! First, Colby meets me in the parking lot saying he forgot his shoes, so I was going to be there alone. OK, I can do it. Then we get inside and the lady says to me, about Sweet Pea, "Are you planning to put her in childcare?" I say "yes" (I mean, really, what was my other option - tie her to the treadmill??) The childcare closes at 1...it was 12:50. Nice. So I came home and ate cookies instead. I am annoyed that I pay $27/month more for a family plan than an individual plan and the childcare is closed 3 hours in the afternoon. That's when I need to go. For that many people to pay that much more...it should be open whenever the Y is open. So, we are cancelling the membership. Otherwise, I'd have to go at 8 am and face it, that's not gonna happen!!.

I took psycho puppy to the vet this morning. She weighs about 17 pounds. We are to let her & Bailey continue duking it out...growling, biting, etc until she realizes that he is the alpha dog and she should leave him alone. She's pretty dumb, so that may take a while. I said to the vet "how many times to you need to get bit before you realize someone doesn't want to be your friend?" He said "150" I cracked up. What a comedian.

I'm meeting with a sitter for Sweet Pea today so I can work one day a week. She's young...25, but has 2 kids herself. I got positive news from two of the moms of other kids she keeps, so barring something weird in her house or Sweet Pea running and screaming from her...we'll start next week.

And for those who are UT football fans - Lane Kiffin is a LOSER! GOODBYE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for canceling your YMCA membership! That is so stupid. Are you going to try another gym?
    Jeff is just devastated about Lane Kiffin. He is so mad at him. He was so excited to have him as the coach and then this happened. I thought I was going to have to get Jeff some drugs to help him deal with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jeff! I thought it was pretty crappy of him myself. I don't know anything about the new guy, but apparently he told the team he would earn their trust. We'll see! We aren't trying another gym for now..I did get some Denise Austin DVD's. My mom-in-law swears by her. And she's down from a 10 to a 4! Of course, she eats way healhier than I ever will!

    ReplyDelete