Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

I love to sleep while it's raining. Not so fun to have to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 AM (yep) to a crying baby (for no reason!!!) while it's dark and raining and your husband is tucked in nice and warm. Not that he should have gotten up...I'm just saying. I go to bed at 9:00 BECAUSE I have to get up at 5:30 or whenever sweet pea decides it's morning. I'll be glad when I can reason with her, as I did with Bubba - "If it's dark, don't come out of your room". Now he's learning to tell time in Kindergarten..so he'll get a clock and I'll tell him not to come out til it's 7AM.

We have been the plague house for the month of January - first Sweet Pea had a sinus infection (a first for her), then Colby & I had misc. stomach viruses, then (currently) Bubba has tonsilitis (also a first). I felt so stupid with that..he came home Friday afternoon w/a fever of 102.something. We doped him up and I planned to take him in to the Saturday clinic. I love that!! Friday night AND Saturday morning while he was sitting with me, I made him brush his teeth because his breath was awful. Did it ever occur to me, the RN, to look at his throat?? Nope. The stay-at-home mom thing has robbed me of common nurse sense. Sure enough, his throat was nasty. I mean nasty. Immediately I said to the MD, "duh, no wonder his breath has been so awful". Anyway, he's had 6 of his 10 doses of antibiotic and I really hope Sweet Pea doesn't get that now that she was chewing on his toothbrush last night. EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

In other news - I had found a sitter for Sweet Pea so I can work on Tuesdays to clear the cobwebs from the nursing knowledge buried in my head. Something wasn't just right about this girl...mostly she needed to vacuum. I know that's petty, but when you keep little ones, you need to keep a reasonably clean house. So, after I talked myself out of her, I begged my aunt to keep her yesterday ;).So, I now have a sweet homeschooled girl who is going to keep her here at the house (where I vacuum!!) and that way Bubba can just come home on the bus as usual and not have to go home with friends. So, it's working out...let's hope next week goes well & the sitter doesn't look like she's needing sedation when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment