Tuesday, January 5, 2010

back to normal?

Bubba is back to school today and Sweet Pea slept all night and has no fever. Wow, normal is GOOD!!

Our holidays were good, but crazy. My dad was in the hospital on Christmas Eve & Day, so things were a little out of sync. He was ok, thought it was a mini-stroke, turned out to be a migraine thing. Talk about jumping to conclusions!! :) We ended up having Christmas Eve w/my dad's family, Ch Day w/my mom's family, the day after Christmas w/my parents then we left town for the in-laws on Sunday. WHEW! We had a good week in East TN with family, did a bunch of nothing. Then Sweet Pea got a fever on Friday and we headed home Saturday.

She has a sinus infection but at least her fever is gone for now. She's on Augmentin and hopefully the snot will ease up soon.

We are supposed to get a little snow tomorrow night, we'll see. I sort of want it, sort of don't. I have discovered I liked winter a lot better before we had kids. All the coats and hats and blankets and standing in the cold strapping people in their seats...what a pain! Makes me a little glad we didn't have kids in Maine.

This morning I am saddened by news of a bus wreck near here where one child was killed (this came merely an hour after my own child boarded his bus) and there were 5 medevac copters on sight. Pray for these families and hopefully there will be no more fatalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment