Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Job, Mommy!

Sweet Pea has recently taken an interest in "going potty". Bubba was just shy of 3 when we did the 'One Day Potty Party' based on a book by Teri Crane. It was great, he was ready, it took about 3 days and we were done. But, I could reason with him and explain things to him better than I can with Sweet Pea, who is just over 2 years old. But, if she's interested, I'm game.

So for the last few days, she has been going potty. She's pretty good to try each time I ask her. She will even sometimes tell me she has to go and she can hold it through the eternity it takes her to pull down her pants, undo & remove her diaper, and get up onto the potty. Heaven forbid I try to help with any of these steps! She has even done #2 twice! She sometimes has worn training panties and gets highly upset when she has an accident. So, I am pleased overall.

Like any good mommy, I act like she's won the Nobel Peace Prize every time she goes. Lots of clapping and cheering. Last night, after she went potty herself, she said "mommy, potty". So, willing to set a good example, I went potty too. She watched intently (and a bit too close, really) and after I was done, she started jumping up and down and saying "YEAH". Then as we are walking out of the bathroom, she says "Good Job, Mommy". So cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment