Sunday, January 16, 2011

Going strong (well, at least going)

I am still going to the YMCA. I'm actually sort of enjoying it. Not that I like working out...I still do not get endorphins and generally need food & a nap when I get home. But, I am doing it. I started a new "class" two weeks ago. It's trekking on the treadmill. Another "t" - torture. We go up to a 15% incline and do all sort of things I didn't think were safe to do on a treadmill, like walking backwards, sideways, and doing lunges all while the thing is moving. And it's an hour. So I do that on Wednesdays and try to do an aerobics class at least one other day a week. I just got all set up (from the trekking instructor) on the weight machines. I have lost about 10 pounds but what's most exciting is the 2" off my thighs!! WooHoo! My jeans fit so much better now in that area. Only about an inch off my waist and no decrease in pants size (yet) but at least my size 12s aren't cutting off the circulation to the lower half of my body.

And it's nice that Sweet Pea doesn't mind the childwatch area. Which is funny too because it's called "child WATCH" not "child CARE".

Exactly what are they doing? Just watching her? "Hey, that one is scaling the bookcase. Watch her go!"

Seriously, they are good with them. The only thing that aggravates me is they won't change diapers. So I'm in the middle of a workout and they come in and tell me she's got a stinky diaper. That really kind of screws up my exercise. And then of course, she wants to leave with me. Lucikly it's not all that often.

So here's to hoping that I stay this motivated. It's kind of hard to go to work at a cardiology office and preach at the patients while I sit home on my rear eating chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment