Friday, February 18, 2011

Praying and praying more

As with most things in life, prayer requests come in groups. You won't have much other than your normal, everyday prayers for general health, safe traveling, etc etc and then BAM - tons of stuff that's way more important that your little world come tumbling in.

Here's what we have been praying about lately:

a few weeks ago an acquaintance from our church home in Oklahoma was put in the ICU with severe pneumonia, on a ventilator, medical coma...She's our age, I suppose, mid-30s. two kids at home. Anyway, after over 2 weeks in ICU, she's now in a regular room and starting therapy to regain her strength. Her name is Heather in case you want to add her to your list too.

Then we found out that that same church lost it's pastor on Wednesday night in a motorcycle crash. Just tragic. His name is Alan Day so please pray for his wife, Alice, their family and the church family. He was a great man of God and will be missed.

Then this morning, I got an update on a family that I "met" online on Babycenter when I was pregnant with Sweet Pea. She & I were due the same day, I think. Anyway, her sweet twin girls came early, one did not live and the other, Veiyah, has severe heart issues. She's had multiple surgeries and procedures in her short life. Today is another one. They are replacing a shunt and whatever else they feel they need to do to get her through to the next procedure or heart transplant. If you are also a FB friend of mine, you can find a link to her blog.

Reminds me that my headache this week, and trying to potty train sweet pea, and whatever other little issues in my life right now aren't really that big a deal. We are all healthy and happy and here at home where I can love on them whenever I want.

2 comments:

  1. Great perspective here, K, about little and big things.

    I linked to the blog about your friend with the littler girl undergoing the heart procedure and have been praying for her specifically. She's a beautiful girl and has a beautiful family.

    Hope your week ends with a clear head, some potty progress and a little sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D. I'm sort of worried about Veiyah, as there has been nothing posted since last Friday.

    As for my Heather, she went home from the hospital yesterday, on 6 weeks of antibiotics for an abcess on one of her lungs...hopefully they will not have to do surgery to drain it.

    Potty training has stopped...well, I ask, but suddenly she doesn't want to, so we'll take a break and see how it goes. I was so hopeful!

    ReplyDelete