Saturday, June 26, 2010

This is the last time, I promise!

We've been members of our local YMCA 2 times over the last 5 years. I've used the Y approximately 5 times. Yep, I'm the girl with the big plans, joins the Y and goes the first time right after and then...well..I HATE to exercise. I do not get the endorphins I hear people claiming about after they've worked out "I feel GREAT!". I feel like eating a cookie & taking a nap after I work out.

Yet I sit on the couch and eat whatever I can find and gripe about being fat. Which I'm really not, I'm just "soft" HAHA. But, truthfully (and here it goes) 160 on a 5-foot-barely-3 inches frame is not pretty. Not that I want or even think I'd ever be thin, but 140 isn't too much to ask for. And a much smaller muffin top would be lovely.

So, I am going to do it this time. I rejoined the Y today (NO JOIN FEE!) Colby is annoyed (rightly so) at the amount of his hard earned money that I waste on memberships. But lately I think I've hit the sort of wall I hit after Bubba was born that I just couldn't go any further. Size 14 is my limit. I WILL NOT buy a 16. My personal stopping point. And after buying 3 pair of size 14 capris this summer, I'm done. I will not be able to wear them next summer (which is a shame, because they are really cute). After he was about a year old, I was at this same point, about 160 and unhappy. I did LA Weight Loss and Jazzercise and got down to 140. I was good then. I want to be back there.

As an update to Sweet Pea's ears...as of this past Wednesday, the infection was clearing, still some redness & fluid but definite improvement. We go to the ENT on Wednesday this week to see if she needs tubes. My opinion is that if the infection is clear, let's wait and see. If she has another one soon, fine, we'll do tubes. Maybe she'll not have more. She's only had 2 her whole life, this one was just a doozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment