Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Baby Girl


Sweet Pea had her first day at "Mother's Day Out" aka school today. I didn't cry when I dropped her off, and neither did she. But last night as I lay in bed thinking about what needed to be done this morning to get her there and get Bubba to lamb camp (yep, taking care of a lamb all week - we DO live in the sticks), I thought "my baby can't be big enough to go to school - even church school!!!" How did that happen?? She was just born. It's such a whirlwind. Sometimes I feel like Bubba has been around forever, but she feels like she's just been born. How is she 18 months already? I just want to press "pause". So even when I was up rocking her last Thursday night at midnight because of an ear infection, I tried to treasure it because it will be gone before I know it. She & I have a different sort of bond than I have with Bubba...he's more a daddy's boy & she's a momma's girl. Someone (who has both a boy & girl) told me it's different not only with a girl, but with that girl being younger. I think they were right. That's a double emotional whammy. I have the BIG brother & the BABY sister thing going on. Sending Bubba to Kindergarten was sweet but I didn't get torn up about it, but I think I'll be the blubbering idiot mom when it's her turn. I mean, with him, I had her at home to occupy my mommyness. When she's in school - I'll be a part-time mom. That will be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment