Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PE Tubes...Part 3

For the 3rd time, I've taken my child to the hospital for PE Tubes.

Bubba has had 2 sets, one at 15 months and one at just before 5 years old. Both are out and he has been ear infection free for over a year. Whew.

Now it's Sweet Pea's turn. I was really hoping I was avoiding it this time. She had one ear infection at 11 months and then got one again right before Memorial Day.

And she STILL has it. After 4 round of antibiotics plus a shot, today she got tubes. She was not happy at the hospital, as if she knew something was not right. She freaked when I tried to put the cute puppy dog gown on (and she loves dogs!!!). She freaked about the ID bracelet...finally they took her, crying and reaching for me. One of those moments that pierces your heart. In about 10 minutes, the MD came out and said she did great. YAY! When we went back to recovery, she was just waking up. A nurse was holding her and she looked totally out of it. My heart sank a bit. My sweet girl, totally drugged up. Immediately she woke up and got hysterical. Nothing I did helped. She was just beside herself. We finally were allowed to leave and once we were outside, she was ok. By the time we got home, she was fine. I think she's already feeling better.

Now for those blasted ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment