Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Never Ending Snow Day

Today is snow day #8 for our kids. These aren't consecutive, but after 3 snow days, Bubba had a recurrence of his tonsilitis, so he then missed 3 more days, now we are on another run of snow days, so he has now been at home for 13 days. I love him, but he's starting to climb the walls and drag me with him! I know he's bored...and there's not much to do. Yesterday and today, other bored friends and frenzied moms have relented and we've let the kids play. I wonder if/when we'll have to make up these snow days? I heard 10 days were alloted...what does that mean ? 10 free snow days? Our roads are fine..it's the way back roads that are still icy. I understand, but geez...there comes a point when you need to let the 95% of schools in the county go and just close the one in the problem area!!

Right now my house is quiet as he is away at a neighbors and Sweet Pea is sleeping. The only sound is the fish tank & the washing machine.

I have so much to do and I don't feel like doing any of it. I have clothes to prep for consigment, stuff to gather for my Pampered Chef party tomorrow night and stuff to prep for the Valetines Day kid party I'm hosting on Saturday. YAWN The thought makes me tired.

I know this wasn't exciting but oh well...such is my blog.

On a happy note, Sweet Pea has 3 of her 4 molars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment