Thursday, July 8, 2010

Special Thursdays

I put Sweet Pea in Mother's Day Out this summer. She was actually a few months older than Bubba when he started. And the reason I did it in the summer instead of waiting til fall is because I thought Bubba needed some one-on-one time. So, we've been having "Big Boy Thursdays". It's strange, for 4 1/2 years, it was just me & him. And especially at our last duty station in Oklahoma, when Colby was gone almost all the time, it was really just us, always. So, now that he's bigger, he mostly wants to do stuff with his daddy, like going to Bass Pro and Lowe's, wrestling, etc. He's always been a daddy's boy but now that he's big enough to do more, he really is. I don't mind, really. It probably helps that Sweet Pea is a momma's girl!

So, I was sort of bummed because out of the first month of summer vacation, we only got one Thursday. We started off the summer with Lamb Camp (yep, we live in the sticks), VBS, followed by 2 weeks at Nana's. So, last week was our first time. He wanted to go see "Dolphins & Whales" at the IMAX and afterwards we hit McD's and the Baskin Robbins (HEY - it's his day, not mine!!). Then today we went to Incredible Pizza, which for those who don't know, is Chuck E. Cheese on steriods. Or maybe crack. It was fun. We played games and collected tickets and rode go-carts. He took his first spin on the bumper cars, solo - twice. I enjoyed watching him laugh without having to check on/hold/chase after Sweet Pea. I also took him for a haircut for our impending sibling pics and made a pit stop at the Christian bookstore for religious silly bands.

He's a fun kid. As I watched him drive the bumper cars, it hit me how big he's getting, and how fast he's getting there.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I am glad you an Bubba are getting some special time! They do grow up WAY TOO FAST!!!

    ReplyDelete