Monday, March 1, 2010

Exersaucer

Bubba hated the exersaucer. He hated anything that strapped him down..the high chair (gone at 9 months since he only screamed while in it), the car seat (screamed from the second he was strapped in, whether it was a 5 minute drive or a 6 hour drive!), the swing, and yes, the exersaucer. Everyone told us we *had* to get one...it was the best thing EVER. Well, it was a torture ring to him! I mainly only used it when I got home from the grocery store, stuck him in there and listened to him cry as I unloaded & put away the groceries at about Mach 3 speed. So, I was fine to put it away so many years ago. It was one of the few things of his we had for use with Sweet Pea, since we gave away the swing & high chair to needy folks. But now it is sitting in my room, sparkly clean with a blue consignment sale tag on it. Ready to go tomorrow to be sold for some other baby who will hopefully enjoy it as Sweet Pea did. I would put her in it in the bathroom while I showered. I did this the other day to make sure I was ready to sell it and yep, she just about climbed out of it. Ok, outgrown that.

The thing that hit me was this is one of the last "big" baby items. We still have and use a high chair for her, but the swing, bouncy seat & bumbo are gone to other houses. We are done having babies, but there is a part of me who grieves at the fact that I will not feel life inside my belly again. I have been blessed to have 4 lives grow within my "room" as Bubba called it :)

Will I cry after dropping the exersaucer off tomorrow? Probably.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wrestling with those same feelings lately. I KNOW we are finished and am content with the 4 beautiful children we have, BUT I do miss the growth of a baby in my womb...and labor (crazy, I know!) I think women are BLESSED to be called to carry new life in to this world :)
    I will pray the exersaucer drop-off is tear free :)

    ReplyDelete