Saturday, December 19, 2009

Randomness

Here's some insight into the ramblings of my brain on the Saturday before Christmas:

1. I would like to take Bubba to Lowe's so he can build a treat box for Dixie, but do I really want to deal with it all and Ella on top of it??? I think I can...I think I can...

2. Why is Sweet Pea more fussy now that her 8th tooth has finally broken through after about 2 months??? Stop fussing!

3. Why did I let my husband talk me into a new puppy and why does she love Sweet Pea's pacifiers?? Maybe I should have gotten her the giant paci-shaped Kong instead of the standard one.

4. For anyone who has known me long, I love to bake cookies. And to toot my own horn, I'm good at it. So, we did these Cookie in a Jar gifts this year for the mail-lady, the bus driver, etc so today I thought we'd make some ourselves today. Nothing like giving something away to find out later that it's nasty!! Anyway, I think I've discovered that WalMarts "Great Value" butter is AWFUL for baking. The last two batches of cookies I've made (including this one) are FLAT and crunchy. YUCK. Actually, these today taste pretty good, but they look hideous and they are a bit crisper than I like :) So, note to self - buy the good butter. The 3rd batch today isn't so bad after the dough was in the fridge for an hour!


5. And most important - which movie do I want to see tonight??

2 comments:

  1. My question is...why do dogs like paci's so much?? I still have the visual in my head of looking up and seeing G's parents dog with one of the kids paci's in her mouth..it was pretty funny because she looked like she was sucking away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...I've had to start strapping E's to her like we do when in public. The second it hits the ground, the pup is on it. Like she has Paci Radar! I just bought 3 new packs!

    ReplyDelete