Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Better Night = A Better Day?

Monday night was no fun at all. I was hoping for a great night after starting Sweet Pea on soy milk Monday morning. She did seem to feel a bit better all day on Monday. However, at 10pm, she started with the intermittant fussing. By midnight, she was crying, not a hurt kind of cry, but a "hey, I don't want to be in here" cry. I tried to wait her out but by 12:45 she was getting loud and I was afraid she'd wake Bubba up. So, I got her and was rocking her, she was being sweet, and here comes Bubba out of his room. Then Colby gets up...so it's 1am and the whole family is in the living room! Bubba thought it was time to get up since it is still dark at 6:30am when he gets up (I'll be so glad when he can tell time accurately!!). Colby got Bubba back to bed & I gave Sweet Pea to him so I could try to get some sleep. He put her down a bit later, and within 20 minutes she was up again. I didn't get her back down til 2:30. Then she was up at 5:30. YAWN. What the heck?? I was a zombie-mom yesterday. Luckily I didn't have anything to do!

Last night went much better. I had bought a sleep sack w/legs for her for cold nights and so I put that on her last night, gave her motrin & put her to bed at 6. She was exhausted (wonder why??) I was out by 9. She cried out once at 2:30 and I didn't hear her again til 6!! WooHoo! Maybe all this time, it hasn't been milk, but she's been cold? She has a space heater in her room since it does get cold. We'll see how the next few nights go with that on.

So, I'm more rested today and she seems ok. Hopefully I'll have new brakes on my truck today and we'll have a great day, even though it's gloomy & rainy out. And COLD! Wow is it cold!! Burrrr...it's good soup weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment